
so in exactly 18 days I will be on a plane to Chicago, IL, where I will be for EIGHT whole weeks. it's kindof crazy. I think it's somewhat equivalent to me moving to Birmingham for school, because i wasn't around my family all the time, but then again, they were ONLY an hour away if i ever needed anything. And I could still call them anytime i wanted too. I think its starting to sink in that i won't be able to just call them whenever i want too, nor can i just call any of my friends any time i want too and go hang out spur of the moment like I do while I'm at Samford. But, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice if i was able to just hang out and chill whenever i wanted too while in Chicago. And yes, i'm starting to get nervous that I may get homesick, I may not get along with someone in the team, or there might be conflicting viewpoints, or many other possibilities arise when are with people you have never met before and BAM you are living together for 8 Weeks!
THankfully, God can cast out all fear, anxiety, doubt, and worries that I, or anyone, may ever have. Hebrews 12:2-3 says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
Wow! those verses are so encouraging! If Christ can endure some of the worst persecution, be beaten and have his skin ripped from his back, have 3 nails driven into his body, and hang on a jagged wooden cross SO that I, tara, can see his love for me and for all mankind and so that I may live with Him for all eternity. THen by all means, I can definitely suffer for Him. I don't know what may come this summer, but if it ultimitely brings glory and honor to God's name, then there is nowhere else I would rather be on this earth.
One verse that I have heard quite a few times in the last week is Jeremiah 29:11-14a, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord." How comforting are those verses. I think God has been screaming them at me, because seriously, I've heard them or read them almost everyday. IT's just an awesome feeling to know that He already knows what will happen long before it actually does. He wants me to find Him in every situation, I must seek Him with all my heart. GOd desires a relationship with each of us, and He has glorious riches that He wants to pour out onto us! Do we want a relationship with him? Are we willing to 'suffer' for Him like he suffered for us? Will we call upon Him, pray to Him, and SEEK Him with all of our heart, mind, soul, and actions?
Therefore, God has me in His loving arms and nothing can ever take me out of my Father's hands. I have no reason to fear or worry because God has absolutely perfect plans for me and for everyone who seeks after Him.
2 comments:
Hey Tara,
I miss you and am praying for you.
Love, Mom
Tara,
I was just thinking of you this morning, and opened my mail and your mom had sent me this link!
Just want you to know you are covered in prayer. We love you and miss you, and I am looking forward to hearing of all of your adventures.
God is using you in a mighty way!!
"Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name and you are mine!"(can't remember the address)
Love you through Christ,
Nancy Hale
PS Do you need anything? Please let me know if you do.
Post a Comment