
So this sort of ties into my last blog.
Yesterday had a rough start. I found out that I disappointed someone that I love very deeply. When I found out, my heart sank within me, it ached, and it hurt. I wanted to be able to change ..to rewind and go back and start everything over...but I couldn't. The act had been done and the words had been said. I almost coudn't focus on what I needed to be focus on at that point in time, which was my Infectious Diseases exam. As much as this person said they forgave me, I knew they were still hurt and disappointed.
Then later at the gym, I was thinking and talking to God while on the eliptical machine. And I realized that I disappoint God every single day but I don't feel that deep heartache within me. All the pride that I have disappoints God. All the times that I think I can do things on my own disappoints God. God does not rate sin on a scale from 1 to 10, but I in my human mind do. Because I don't feel like it was a big sin, I don't feel the complete remorse and sorrow and sadness that I may feel if it were a 'big' sin. I disappoint God every single day.
Yet, in all my filthiness, God has washed me white as snow and ridden me of all my sin and shame. He will remain faithful to His children for He is a good God. Praise be to our Lord and Savior who died so that I may have life eternal.
Micah 7:18-20
"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. You will be true to Jacob,and show mercy to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our fathers in days long ago."
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment